Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What Did I Learn in ED 240?


Image via www.theepochtimes.com

I have been working with technology since elementary school. It has been a hobby and a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. I have always been an early adopter whenever new technology comes out. I also used to be a Geek Squad Agent, which really familiarized me with technology and its capabilities. With all of this said, ED 240 has brought my understanding of technology to another level.


With all of my knowledge about technology, I did not what I could do to incorporate it into my classroom. I knew that I wanted to use my iPad, laptop, and projector but I did not know how. After going through this class, I have so many ideas that are viable and affordable options. For instance, our final project has a lesson that I could definitely use in my second grade classroom.


I have also learned from all the article readings that technology should not be used flippantly. Just because it is available to me, does not mean I should incorporate it into a lesson. I must make sure that the use of technology is properly planned out and has a purpose. I know that I still have a lot to learn about proper implementation but this class has given me the drive to do my research about technology and that technology is a means to an end, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment